Major Projects Panel
To better facilitate Major Projects in Greater Bendigo and to drive investment and employment growth, the City has established a Major Projects Panel (MPP).
The MPP comprises representatives across the organisation including the Managers and Coordinators from Statutory Planning and Regional Sustainable Development, as well as representatives from Engineering, Public Space Design, Communications, Healthy Greater Bendigo and others as required.
The purpose of the MPP is to provide advice to applicants early in the conceptual stages. It will better ensure any issues are identified and can be addressed earlier in the process to provide more certainty and drive more timely decisions. It does not replace the pre-application meeting. Applications are eligible for the MPP if they meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Value exceeding $5 million;
- Proposed large commercial or industrial business operations;
- Private planning scheme amendments;
- Planning applications that apply to Council owned land exceeding $1 million in value;
- Unique or new, untested initiatives;
- Private proposals on Council owned land;
- A development or subdivision with 10 or more dwellings; or
- A development of four or more storeys above ground level.
Meetings are held fortnightly on Monday afternoons and may be held more frequently as required. Contact [email protected] regarding upcoming meeting dates.
Concept plans must be provided on the Monday prior to the scheduled meeting date to allow time for review. Should these not be provided in time then applicants will forgo the meeting time and will need to reschedule. Concept plans should be emailed to: [email protected]
Please note: The Major Projects Panel is an advisory committee and does not replace a pre-application meeting or the planning application permit and does not guarantee the approval of an application.
To be heard at the Major Projects Panel please complete the online form below and one of our team will be in touch: