Click here for service updates and COVID-19 information.

Parking rules help improve traffic flow and improve parking access. Overstaying a time restriction in a parking space may result in a fine. Parking restrictions generally operate from 8.30am to 5.30pm across the CBD.

It is important that you look for signs when entering any street or car park. Parking signs can apply to a length of road, an area or a car park and may apply at different times of day.

Parking meters and ticket machines with faults

Please report any faults with parking meters/ticket machines by using the fault reporting information on the meter or ticket machine, or contact our Customer Service Centre on 03 5434 6000 or email [email protected]

If a parking meter or ticket machine is broken you are entitled to park only for the amount of time indicated on the overhead parking sign. You may get an infringement if you stay for longer than the time restriction even if the parking meter is broken.  

Abandoned vehicles

We will investigate any vehicles on City of Greater Bendigo land that are unregistered or we believe to be abandoned. Please report vehicles to our Customer Service Centre 03 5434 6000.

The City of Greater Bendigo investigates each reported abandoned or unregistered vehicle by:

  • checking if the vehicle is registered and whether it is stolen
  • attempting to contact the owner and working with them to remove the vehicle
  • regularly monitoring the vehicle while we investigate and or work with the owner to have the vehicle moved
  • removing and impounding the vehicle if the owner does not remove the vehicle

Investigation into abandoned vehicles can take from 14 days to 60 business days and depends on the registration status of the vehicle, which state the vehicle is registered in, the availability of information as well as the ability of the owner to remove the vehicle. 

Major highways and arterial roads are not managed by the City of Greater Bendigo, any abandoned or unregistered vehicles on these roads should be reported directly to VicRoads.

Vehicles found abandoned in state or national forest should be reported to the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) or Parks Victoria

Contact us

For more information about parking services please contact us on 03 5434 6000.

We welcome your feedback.

Did you know you can log requests online?

This includes several bin requests such as missed bins, footpath maintenance, tree inspections and general requests. Visit our make a request page.

Do you want us to contact you?*
Preferred contact method*