Where to park
Alternatives to parking
The City of Greater Bendigo actively promotes and encourages people to leave their car at home and use sustainable transport options such as public transport, carpooling, walking and cycling. Bendigo has a reliable public transport network with bus stops strategically located throughout Greater Bendigo with links to the train station. Bendigo also has train stations in Eaglehawk, Epsom, Kangaroo Flat and central Bendigo.
The City of Greater Bendigo has a tradesperson parking permit scheme.
Bike parking at the Edwards Street multi-storey car park and the Hargreaves Street multi-storey car park is free of charge, secure and undercover. People using the facility must provide their own lock.
Bike parking at the Edward Street facility can be accessed via the lane way located adjacent to the vehicle entrance in Queen Street.
Bike parking at the Hargreaves Street facility can be accessed via the main vehicle access ramp at the Hargreaves Street entrance.
Off-street car parking
The City of Greater Bendigo has several off street parking areas. These include all day areas, areas with time restrictions as well as free and paid parking.
Off-street ticket machine car parks are located at:
- Myers Street between St Andrews Avenue and Williamson Street
- Myers Street between Mundy Street and St Andrews Avenue
- Market Street accessible via St Andrews Avenue and Mundy Street
- McCrae Street
- King Street
- Corner Hargreaves and Edwards streets
- Tom Flood Sports Centre (enter via Park Road)
- Queen Elizabeth Oval Municipal Car Park (adjacent to Rosalind Park and the Arts Centre enter via View Street)
Free off-street car parks are located at:
- Uley Street (enter via Bridge or Uley streets)
- Behind the Annie Galvin Childcare Centre off Gladstone Street
- Corner of Edward and King Street
- 2 level car park accessible via Myers St and Lyttleton Terrace, directly adjacent to the Coles supermarket
The City has two multi-storey car parks: