Where to park
Alternatives to parking
The City of Greater Bendigo actively promotes and encourages people to leave their car at home and use sustainable transport options such as public transport, carpooling, walking and cycling. Bendigo has a reliable public transport network with bus stops strategically located throughout Greater Bendigo with links to the train station. Bendigo also has train stations in Eaglehawk, Epsom, Kangaroo Flat and Central Bendigo.
For more information about sustainable transport options in Bendigo please go to our Getting about - sustainable transport page
Find out about:
Bike parking at the Edwards Street multi-storey car park and the Hargreaves Street multi-storey car park is free of charge, secure and undercover. People using the facility must provide their own lock.
Bike parking at the Edward Street facility can be accessed via the lane way located adjacent to the vehicle entrance in Queen Street.
Bike parking at the Hargreaves Street facility can be accessed via the main vehicle access ramp at the Hargreaves Street entrance.
Off-street car parking
Off-street ticket machine car parks are located at:
- Myers Street between St Andrews Avenue and Williamson Street
- Myers Street between Mundy Street and St Andrews Avenue
- Market Street accessible via St Andrews Avenue and Mundy Street
- McCrae Street
- King Street
- Corner Hargreaves and Edwards streets
- Tom Flood Sports Centre (enter via Park Road)
- Queen Elizabeth Oval Municipal Car Park (adjacent to Rosalind Park and the Arts Centre enter via View Street)
Free off-street car parks are located at:
- Uley Street (enter via Bridge or Uley streets)
- Behind the Annie Galvin Childcare Centre off Gladstone Street
- Corner of Edward and King Street
- Lyttleton Terrace adjacent to Coles
The City has two multi-storey car parks:
There are more than 6,000 regulated public car parking spaces in the Bendigo CBD.
Car parking around the CBD is generally $1.80 (including GST) per hour, however special daily rates also apply for all day off-street car parks:
- King Street: $6.50 all day
- McCrae Street: $6.50 all day
- Mundy Street: $6.50 all day
- Myers Street: $6.50 all day
- Queen Elizabeth Oval Municipal Car Park: $1.10 per hour or $3.70 all day
- St. Andrews Avenue: $6.50 all day
- Tom Flood Sports Centre (accessible off Park Road) $1.10 per hour or $3.70 all day
All prices include GST.
Weekend parking is free, but please be aware that time limits still do apply so please check the signs for the time period allowed on Saturdays and Sundays.