Road closures and traffic management

Staff using equipment for roadworks

If you want to close access to a road for your event, you will need to apply for a permit and plan appropriate traffic management.

At least three months before your event, you will need to apply for approvals from:

Notifying organisations and agencies of a road closure

Once road closure approvals have been granted, you need to provide notification to the following organisations:

  • All emergency services – Police, CFA, SES, Ambulance Victoria
  • Taxi Association of Bendigo
  • Bus services
  • Tramways
  • Bendigo Hospital

You also need to place a public notice in local papers and inform any business and/or residents who may be affected.

Traffic management plans, signage, barriers, personnel

Only qualified personnel are allowed to perform road closures and provide traffic management assistance.

The City's Works Unit can arrange for the signs, barriers, traffic management plans and personnel on merit via an approval process - fees may apply.

Contact us

For more information about road closures and traffic management, please contact us on 03 5434 6000.

More information

We welcome your feedback.

Did you know you can log requests online?

This includes several bin requests such as missed bins, footpath maintenance, tree inspections and general requests. Visit our make a request page.

Do you want us to contact you?*
Preferred contact method*