If you park illegally you risk being fined. Parking fines can be handed to you, put under a windscreen wiper blade of your car or sent in the mail.
If you fail to pay a fine or to take any other action within 28 days you may incur additional costs or further enforcement action.
Scam Email Alert
Please be aware that the City of Greater Bendigo does not issue parking infringement notices via email. Malicious scam emails are being sent claiming that a parking ticket has been issued to the email recipient. If you receive emails like these, delete them and do not open any attachments.
For more information on this parking scam, please visit https://www.scamwatch.gov.au
Pay your parking fine
You can pay your parking fine by:
- BPOINT on the Internet or BPOINT by phone 1300 BPOINT or 1300 276 468
- By credit card, phone 1300 721 235
- At any post office
- Postbillpay on the internet or by phone 13 18 16
- At one of our Customer Service Centres
- By mail with a cheque made out to City of Greater Bendigo, PO Box 3500 Bendigo, DC 3554
Contest a parking fine
If you believe that you have a good reason for not paying the infringement notice you can apply for an internal review.
The following are not valid reasons for withdrawing your parking infringement:
- Poor visibility due to weather
- Gone to get change
- Not noticing a sign
- Reading only part of a multi-panel sign
- Being unable to read the sign from the front seat of the car
- Forgetting to read the sign because you were concentrating on other things
- Not noticing that a sign/restriction had been changed
- Running late or being in a hurry
- Being delayed at an appointment
- Being delayed by work responsibilities
- Stopping for a short time in a prohibited e.g. No Stopping area
- Being new to the area and unfamiliar with the restrictions. This applies regardless of whether the driver is from Victoria, interstate or overseas
- Being unaware of the road rule that the infringement was issued under
Please note: your fine will be reviewed only once.
Find out how to contest a fine – go to Contesting a Parking Fine.
Collection of overdue fines
If you delay paying your parking fine, you will pay more. Find out about our 3-step collection process. Go to Collecting Overdue Parking Fines.