Healthy Greater Bendigo 2021-2025
Healthy Greater Bendigo 2021-2025 was endorsed by Council in October 2021.
The plan meets the City of Greater Bendigo’s requirements to prepare a Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan every four years. It is a strategic document that aims to promote, improve and protect the health and wellbeing of Greater Bendigo’s residents.
The plan includes key goals for Council and other organisations based on the following themes:
- Healthy and Well
- Safe and Secure
- Able to Participate
- Connected to culture and community
The Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 (the Act) mandates that Local Governments across Victoria must prepare a Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan (Plan) every four years.
The Act (Section 26) mandates that the Plan must:
- Include an examination of data about health status and health determinants in the municipal district
- Identify the goals and strategies based on evidence for creating a local community in which people can achieve maximum health
- Provide for involvement of people in the development, implementation and evaluation of the public health plan
- Specify how Council will work in partnership with the Department of Human Services (now the Department of Health) and other agencies undertaking public health initiatives, projects and programs to achieve the goals identified.
Healthy Greater Bendigo 2021 – 2025 has been developed in line with these requirements and guidelines released by the Victorian Department of Health. It aims to provide the Greater Bendigo community, Council and its partners with clear direction regarding the priority areas for focus to improve the health and wellbeing of our community over the next four years.
If you have any questions on this project or any of our projects please contact the City on 1300 002 642