Arts and Creative Industries Strategy
Seeking images of locals in cultural and creative industries
Would you like to see your image in the City of Greater Bendigo’s Arts and Creative Industries Strategy – Greater CREATIVE Bendigo?
We want the talent of our local cultural and creative industries reflected in the final design of Greater CREATIVE Bendigo.
Expressions of interest are now being sought for images of local individuals or businesses being creative – from manufacturing to designing, performing to painting, or however you express creative thinking and doing!
We would like to include as many images as possible in the final design of Greater CREATIVE Bendigo so send us your photos!
Images/photos should be:
- Of your creative process, creative pursuit, original artwork, performance or creative activity of any kind.
- Representative of one or more of the 10 categories of activities and professions that make up the cultural and creative industries defined in Greater CREATIVE Bendigo:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural and creative practices
- Broadcasting, film, digital and new media (e.g. television journalism, software publishing)
- Design (e.g. fashion, app development, digital games, architecture, industrial design)
- Environmental and cultural heritage (e.g. botanical gardens, conservation)
- Galleries, libraries and museums
- Literature and print media
- Other culture goods manufacturing and sales (e.g. antiques, picture framing)
- Visual arts and crafts (e.g. photography, painting, ceramics)
- Performing arts (e.g. music, theatre, comedy)
- Supporting activities (e.g. arts administration and education, marketing, local government)
- High resolution, preferably JPEG, and no larger than 10MB.
Terms and Conditions
- By submitting your image you agree to it being published online and in hard copy in the City of Greater Bendigo’s Arts and Creative Industries Strategy – Greater CREATIVE Bendigo
- Owners of the creative work/images will be credited at the back of the document
- Due to limited space images will be chosen to ensure representation of cultural and creative industries across the 10 categories set out in Greater CREATIVE Bendigo
Closing date: images must be received by 27 February 2019 by 5pm
At its meeting on Wednesday November 21, 2018 Greater Bendigo City Council adopted Greater CREATIVE Bendigo. Check back early in 2019 to download the final document.
The ‘Creative Conversations’ series was an important part of the City of Greater Bendigo’s community engagement during the preparation of Greater CREATIVE Bendigo. Great thinkers, artists, storytellers and locals who are really making their creative mark, were invited to share what they think will make Bendigo an even more creative city. Creative Conversations were free public events featuring a number of new and different speakers from across a number of creative industries. Read more about each session:
- Creative Conversations I
- Creative Conversations II: Showcase
- Creative Conversations III: Creative Bendigo
How did we reach this point?
Stage 1 – September to December 2017
- Background research and community consultation provided direction for the Strategy
- Creative Conversations I held in November
Stage 2 – January to May 2018
- Draft Vision developed based on industry and community feedback from Stage 1
- Creative Conversations II: Showcase held in April
Stage 3 – June to September 2018
- Technical Advisory Group consulted
- Draft Strategy developed based on feedback from Stage 2
- Creative Conversations III: Creative Bendigo held in August
Stage 4 – October to December 2018
- Draft Strategy refined based on feedback from Stage 3
- Final Strategy to Council for adoption
Put your name on the mailing list
Receive regular updates about our progress and invitations to future events.
Following the success of the previous Arts and Culture Strategy 2008-2011, the City is developing a new Arts and Creative Industry Strategy. The new strategy embraces a new approach to thinking about creativity in our region.
If you have any questions on this project or any of our projects please contact the Regional Sustainable Development Unit on 03 5434 6000 or [email protected]