Greater CREATIVE Bendigo Strategy
Greater CREATIVE Bendigo strategy officially launched!
The newly published Greater CREATIVE Bendigo strategy – which features images of local creative people and their work – was officially launched by Mayor Marg O’Rourke and Cr. Matt Emond on July 25 2019, as part of a (chilly!) night of entertainment, networking and creative discovery at the Bendigo Tramways.
And watch this space for more news of the projects and initiatives we are rolling out as we work on implementing the actions outlined in Greater CREATIVE Bendigo.
At its meeting on Wednesday November 21, 2018 Greater Bendigo City Council adopted Greater CREATIVE Bendigo. Check back early in 2019 to download the final document.
The ‘Creative Conversations’ series was an important part of the City of Greater Bendigo’s community engagement during the preparation of Greater CREATIVE Bendigo. Great thinkers, artists, storytellers and locals who are really making their creative mark, were invited to share what they think will make Bendigo an even more creative city. Creative Conversations were free public events featuring a number of new and different speakers from across a number of creative industries. Read more about each session:
- Creative Conversations I
- Creative Conversations II: Showcase
- Creative Conversations III: Creative Bendigo
How did we reach this point?
- Background research and community consultation provided direction for the Strategy
- Creative Conversations I held in November
- Draft Vision developed based on industry and community feedback from Stage 1
- Creative Conversations II: Showcase held in April
- Technical Advisory Group consulted
- Draft Strategy developed based on feedback from Stage 2
- Creative Conversations III: Creative Bendigo held in August
- Draft Strategy refined based on feedback from Stage 3
- Final Strategy to Council for adoption
Put your name on the mailing list
Receive regular updates about our progress and invitations to future events.
Following the success of the previous Arts and Culture Strategy 2008-2011, the City is developing a new Arts and Creative Industry Strategy. The new strategy embraces a new approach to thinking about creativity in our region.
If you have any questions on this project or any of our projects please contact the Regional Sustainable Development Unit on 03 5434 6000 or [email protected]