Public Space Advisory Committee
The Greater Bendigo Public Space Advisory Committee provides high level strategic advice to Council about Public Space matters by:
- Providing guidance for the implementation of public space related planning, design and management
- Providing advice to Council on current and emerging issues for public spaces, including issues related to, but not limited to, leisure, education, economic, cultural, social and environmental aspects
- Providing advice on matters strategically relevant to public spaces as required by Council including, but not limited to, implementation of the Public Space Plan
- Participating in consultative forums initiated by the City of Greater Bendigo for the purpose of informing and seeking feedback from the community
- Assisting in the development of partnerships and communication networks to ensure effective dissemination of information, coordinated advice and feedback to Council
- Harnessing the opportunities that City of Greater Bendigo's community engagement meetings afford to profile issues relevant to the progression of the Public Space Plan
- Providing recommendations for research or investigations into strategic issues impacting on public space
- Providing clear recommendations based on skills, knowledge and experience of the members
- Identifying relevant funding opportunities
The Committee is made up of:
- Three Councillors (including the Chairperson and Deputy Chair)
- One City of Greater Bendigo Youth Councillor
- Department of Environment, Land Water and Planning representative
- Parks Victoria Representative
- Registered Aboriginal Party/ies representatives
- Two City of Greater Bendigo senior officer representatives
- An Executive Officer from the Active and Healthy Lifestyles unit
- Community representatives (up to 5), who have expertise, skills, qualifications, experience and passion for environmental sustainability
The Committee meets 6 times a year and the membership is for 3 years. View the committee Terms of Reference.
Expressions of interest now open
Do you have an interest or experience in Greater Bendigo’s Public Spaces? The Public Space Advisory Committee is now seeking new members.
There are 5 positions currently open.
Expressions of interest will be assessed by a Selection Panel and all applicants will be notified of the outcome. Applicants that are shortlisted will be contacted to arrange for an interview.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday September 4, 2020.
For more information about the Public Space Advisory Committee please contact us on 5434 6000.