Trees and electrical line clearance
The City of Greater Bendigo maintains vegetation clear from electrical wires and conductors within the Urban Declared Area according to the Electricity Safety Act 1998 and the Electricity Safety (Electric Line Clearance) Regulations 2015.
The distribution company is responsible for electrical line clearance outside of the Urban Declared Area.
Our management plan states how we will:
- Protect significant vegetation
- Prune trees to industry standards to protect infrastructure and tree health
- Provide a safe work place for employees
- Create aesthetically pleasing roadside vegetation
Download the 2019 Electrical Line Clearance Management Plan.
- Appendix 1 - Urban Declared Area
- Appendix 2 - Significant Trees
- Appendix 3 - Tree Asset Management Program
- Appendix 5 - Minimum Clearance Space
- Appendix 6 - Urban Tree Managment Policy
- Appendix 7 - Procative Specification
- Appendix 8 - Customer Service Charter
- Appendix 9 - Urban Declared Area
- Appendix 10 - Low Bushfire Risk Urban Area
- Appendix 11 - Low Bushfire Risk CoGB
- Appendix 12 - Audit Form
- Appendix 13 - Public Notice