Off Leash Dog Parks
There are 3 fully fenced off leash dog parks in Bendigo as well as many other dog friendly places to explore. Dogs can meet other dogs and their owners can make new friends too. Remember to clean up after your dog and retain effective control of your animals for the safety of other park users.
Fully fenced 'Off Leash Dog Parks' each with a separately fenced 'Small Dog Retreat' area:
- Allingham Street Dog Park (Jenny's Garden), Cnr Allingham St and Chapel St, Kangaroo Flat
- Harcourt dog park Crook Street, Strathdale
- Truscott Reserve Dog Park Turner Street, California Gully
Other Dog Friendly areas include:
- Barton Court Reserve Barton Court, Flora Hill
- Crusoe Heights Reserve Morrison Street, Kangaroo Flat
- Clydebank Court Reserve Clydebank Court, Strathfieldsaye
- Garden Gully Reserve Bradshaw Street, Ironbark
- Hustlers Reef Reserve Hustlers Road, North Bendigo
- Linear Creek Reserve, Bay Street Golden Square
- Linear Creek Reserve, Knight Street White Hills
- Long Gully Creek Reserve Creeth Street, Long Gully
- Muldoon Reserve Wattle Drive, Spring Gully
- Pasley Street Reserve Pasley Street, Huntly
- Quarry Hill Recreation Reserve (area adjacent to creek), Houston Street, Quarry Hill
- Rodda Field, Strathdale Park - only available as a leash free area on Monday to Friday 6am to 3pm and Saturday and Sundays 6am to 8am and 1pm to 9pm. Dogs are not allowed off leash when an organised event is underway.
- Ross Park Steane Street, Kennington
- Scout Hall Reserve Simpsons Road, Eaglehawk
No dog zones
Dogs are not permitted on the Queen Elizabeth Oval or in Crusoe Reservoir and No. 7 Park. The only exceptions are for assistance animals as defined under the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 and dogs used for law enforcement purposes.
Harcourt Dog Park is a 3.7-hectare site that provides a good natural environment for dog play and exercise. The site is fenced with several entry points, and has a bitumen walking track, 4 small dams, a creek with steel bridges and good shade trees.Read more