Bendigo Botanic Gardens Master Plan
The City of Greater Bendigo has developed and adopted a Master Plan for the rejuvenation and extension of the Bendigo Botanic Gardens, White Hills. The Master Plan guides all future developments for the site.
The Bendigo Botanic Gardens, White Hills, will be a place for the whole community to enjoy.
The main features of the Master Plan include:
- Restoration of the heritage gardens to their former glory
- Creation of the Garden for the Future, which opened April 22 2018
- A Central Hub including a Visitor Centre with a café, display gardens, plaza and ornamental ponds
- A regional level children's playspace and aquatic facility
- An arboretum and wetland precinct
- Restoration of the Bendigo Creek to improve it's ecological and public amenity value. This stage will seek to align with the Reimagining Bendigo Creek Plan, where appropriate
A garden that will celebrate the past, appreciate the present and embrace the future
The Bendigo Botanic Gardens, White Hills will be an inspiring and sustainable iconic landscape that provides diverse opportunities for learning about plants, horticulture, landscapes, botany, ecology, conservation and heritage; it will be a place for the enjoyment of the whole community
Together we can create a better future by immersing ourselves in nature's diversity and beauty and learning how to live sustainably and care for our environment.
The overall current layout of the BBG project, based on the 2010 Master Plan, is: