Walk the dog – places to exercise your dog
Harcourt dog park
Harcourt dog park is a 3.7-hectare site that is located on Crook Street, Strathdale.
It has good path connections with the Strathdale Park and Kennington Reservoir precincts and provides a good natural environment for dog play and exercise. The site is fenced with several public entry points and has a bitumen walking track, 4 small dams, a creek with steel bridges and good shade trees.
Other places to exercise your dog off-leash
Each of these areas provides unique opportunities for exercise and exploration. Many of these areas are used by community and sporting groups and people walking their dogs must be mindful of their responsibilities and ensure their dogs are kept under effective control at all times and that any faeces are cleaned up.
Download a map for:
- Crusoe Heights Reserve Morrison Street, Kangaroo Flat
- Quarry Hill Recreation Reserve (area adjacent to creek), Houston Street, Quarry Hill
- Ross Park Steane Street, Kennington
- Muldoon Reserve Wattle Drive, Spring Gully
- Garden Gully Reserve Bradshaw Street, Ironbark
- Long Gully Creek Reserve Creeth Street, Long Gully
- Scout Hall Reserve Simpsons Road, Eaglehawk
- Truscott Reserve (area adjacent to soccer fields), Turner Street, California Gully
- Jenny's Garden corner Chapel and Allingham streets, Kangaroo Flat
- Linear Creek Reserve, Bay Street Golden Square
- Linear Creek Reserve, Knight Street White Hills
- Barton Court Reserve Barton Court, Flora Hill
- Pasley Street Reserve Pasley Street, Huntly
- Clydebank Court Reserve Clydebank Court, Strathfieldsaye
- Hustlers Reef Reserve Hustlers Road, North Bendigo
Shared access, Rodda Field (Strathdale Park)
Dog owners are allowed to use Rodda Field within Strathdale Park as an off leash area between Monday to Friday 6am to 3pm, Saturday and Sundays 6am to 8am and 1pm to 9pm.
Dogs are not allowed off leash when an organised event is underway.
Dog on leash areas
While working around the City or while at any of the designated on-leash areas, any dog must be kept under effective control by means of a chain, cord or leash held by the owner and attached to the dog.
Dog-free open spaces
Dogs are not permitted to enter the playing surface of the Queen Elizabeth Oval, Hargreaves Mall and Crusoe Reservoir and No. 7 Park, with the exception of assistance animals as defined under the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 and dogs used for law enforcement purposes.