Australian Manchester Unity Hall
Hidden along the main shopping strip of Eaglehawk, the Australian Manchester Unity Hall has its origins as a meeting place of the Manchester Unity Independent Order of Oddfellows (MUIOOF). A large space, with tall windows at the rear and decorative memorabilia, the Manchester Unity Hall still serves the Eaglehawk community as a meeting space today.
- Victoria Street car park
- High Street
- Napier Street
- Available from the rear of the hall
- Designated parking space area within the hall’s grounds.
- 3m x 4m
- Crockery and cutlery small amounts
- 10m x 30m
- Floor: wood
- Hire fee:
- Not for profit groups $5 per hour
- Business Groups $15 per hour (for long term use a $50 key deposit is also required – refundable on finishing.)
- Heat/Cool: gas and electric heating
- Included with hire of the hall
Bonds and Insurance
- Key: $50 bond required for long term hire
- Alcohol: a bond would be negotiated if an alcohol licence was approved.
- All hirers must have public liability insurance. Under certain conditions the City of Greater Bendigo’s Community Public Liability Insurance policy can provide coverage at no cost for up to $20,000,000 to hirers who do not hold a public liability insurance policy. The committee of management can provide further details.
- Parties: Not available for hire
- Alcohol: if required by hirer then a licence as outlined in the hirer agreement is required.