Goornong Memorial Hall
Goornong Memorial Hall is centrally located at 32 Railway Place South, Goornong (Midland Hwy) and is approximately 30km from Bendigo. Originally a wooden hall built in 1888, it is now a red brick building, and a repository for many local Honour Boards from WW1 and WW2. The hall is air conditioned and heated for your comfort.
The Goornong Hall Committee welcomes bookings for meetings, family gatherings weddings, birthday parties, concerts, community events, auctions, amateur dramatics, exercise and dance classes, workshops and craft groups from private individuals, business, and community groups. We are there to ensure your function is a success and can arrange morning and afternoon teas or light lunches if required.
- On-site drop off and pick up point for disabled access
- Some on-site parking
- Plenty of on-street parking
- Ramp into hall
- All doors are wheelchair wide
- Unisex wheelchair accessible bathroom
- Kitchen is fully functional, with an island preparation unit, hot water service, full gas stove, refrigerator, two microwaves, urn, pie warmer and Bain-Marie
- Cutlery and crockery available (excluding glasses and saucepans)
- There is a servery from the kitchen to the supper room
- Main hall (16.5 x 8m) will host approximately 100 people comfortably
- The hall has good acoustics and features a stage, with a sound system and piano for musical events
- There is also a smaller supper room at 10 x 5.5m
- Wooden flooring
- No 18th or 21st parties
- All users must have public liability insurance, however we can assist you with this
For more information please contact the Booking Officer.
- Full Hall: $110 per day (Includes Main Hall 16.5m x 8m. Supper room 10m x 5.5m and all facilities) Hall capacity is 100-120.
- Funerals: $70 includes all facilities
- Supper room: (10m x 5.5.m) $70 includes use of kitchen
- Meeting room (Comfortably seats 8-10) $10.
Regular hire for: Workshops, craft or art classes, dance, martial arts, callisthenics etc $25 per session.
A Bond of $250 is required or, if alcohol is served, $500.
he Bond for N.F.P Community Organisations is $50.
Heating and cooling -add $10 to hire charge