The City of Greater Bendigo’s popular Tulip Dig will take place from 9am Tuesday October 24, 2023 in the Conservatory Gardens.
City of Greater Bendigo Parks and Open Space Manager Chris Mitchell said the annual Tulip Dig is an extremely popular event with many gardeners keen to secure some bargain priced bulbs to display in their own gardens in the future.
“This year there will be a four-bag limit with bags supplied by the City on entry at a cost of $5 per bag. It is a cashless event with payment by Eftpos only,” Mr Mitchell said.
“City staff will pre-loosen the soil in the garden beds so only small hand trowels and digging tools are permitted to retrieve bulbs.
“Therefore, no shovels or hoes can be brought into the gardens for safety reasons on the day.
“We are expecting big crowds of people of all ages on the day and are asking participants to show respect to others when digging for bulbs as aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated.”
- Four-bag limit with bags supplied by the City on entry at a cost of $5 each
- No cash event - payment to be made by Eftpos only
- No BYO bags
- Only small hand trowels and digging tools allowed
- No shovels or hoes permitted for safety reasons
- Aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated
- Conservatory gates will open at 9am