The City of Greater Bendigo is seeking community feedback on a draft precinct plan for the Strathfieldsaye Community Hub in Club Court to serve the local community and create a place for everyone!
The draft precinct plan aims to improve the broader precinct exterior through landscaping, pedestrian accessibility, additional external sporting infrastructure and improvements to existing carparking so it can be accessed and enjoyed by everyone in the community for a range of uses.
Proposed works in the draft plan include:
- Renewal of existing lawn bowls and cricket club building to create spectator areas, storage, kiosk and communal/breakout spaces
- An accessible public toilet
- Any additional storage requirements for user groups not included in the redevelopment of the main building
- A network of pedestrian paths throughout the reserve
- Areas for community gathering with seating, shade and path connections
- General landscaping and tree planting and protection of existing trees from compaction by cars
- Consideration of path lighting as an option
- Provision of unstructured recreation facilities such as fitness station, parkour equipment, multi-court, circuit paths and park furniture
- Improvements to existing car parking and vehicle access to increase pedestrian safety
City of Greater Bendigo Active and Healthy Communities Manager Amy Johnston said the development of a draft precinct plan is Stage three of an ongoing project to further improve and upgrade what is an important facility for Strathfieldsaye.
“Since 2022, the main building has been undergoing renovations to modernise the facilities to meet today’s standards of environmentally sustainable design, universal access and community shared use of spaces for flexibility, accessibility and inclusive spaces for all.
“Stage one building improvements are now complete with Stage two building improvements currently underway and due for completion in March 2024.
“Stage three is the final stage of this project and community feedback is important to ensure that the whole facility is utilised and valued by all members of the community especially those not involved in organised sport.
“The City wants to know what residents like about the draft plan and any ways it could be improved, as well any other comments they may have on the plan.”
The draft precinct plan can be viewed and feedback provided at https://letstalkgreaterbendigo.com.au/strathfieldsaye-community-hub by Friday August 25, 2023.