Access free and inclusive advice about your baby and childs development up to school age.
The maternal and child health service is a free service available to all parents and carers with children from birth to school age that offers:
- Child growth and development assessments
- Referrals to other health agencies
- Health and early parenting information
- Links to community resources
- New parents’ groups
Our maternal and child health nurses are all registered nurses with qualifications in midwifery and maternal and child health.
Parents and carers can get information, guidance and support on:
- Child health and development
- Maternal health
- Parent-child relationships
- Home and care safety for infants
- Child accident and injury prevention
- Family planning
Make an appointment to visit a centre
To make an appointment, contact our early years team or request an appointment online.
If you have an appointment booked and either you or your child is unwell, please call our early years team to reschedule.
Interpreting services are available for all consultations. Please contact us in advance of your appointment and we will organise an interpreter.