Home support

My Aged Care

1800 200 422 (Translating and Interpreting Service 131 450, National Relay Service 133 677)

My Aged Care website

Commonwealth Aged Care Services

As you get older, everyday tasks can become more difficult. Even though you need help, you may still want to live at home. Asking for help doesn’t mean losing your independence or moving out of home.

The Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) and Home Care Packages Program (HCP) help senior Australians access entry-level support services to live independently and safely at home.

CHSP and HCP services work with you to maintain your independence rather than doing things for you. 


Is it for me?

Eligibility for these programs is based on your current level of family support, your needs and age. 

If you’re having trouble with everyday tasks and feel that a little support could improve your health and wellbeing, CHSP could be right for you.

If your needs are more complex, a Home Care Package could be better suited to you.

To be eligible, you must be aged 65 years or older (50 years or older for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people).

A face-to-face assessment will determine eligibility and ensure that the right services are made available to those that need them.


Regional Assessment Service

Eligibility and access to all aged care services is determined by a Commonwealth assessment agency - either the Regional Assessment Services (RAS) or the Aged Care Assessment Service (ACAS). 

To arrange an assessment, please contact My Aged Care.