Organising events

If you are planning to hold an event within the Greater Bendigo region, we can help you to:

  • Understand what is required for different types of events
  • Find the right venues for your event
  • Comply with risk assessment and public liability requirements
  • Work out a traffic management plan
  • Organise an event permit

Public liability insurance

If you hire a council-managed property, you must have current public liability insurance. You will need to provide us with a copy of your Certificate of Currency that is:

  • In the name of the event organisers/or be listed as an interested party
  • Current at the time of the activity
  • Include exclusions or limitations of policy
  • Provide coverage for at least (AU) $10,000,000