Weekly organics and fortnightly general waste collection. Learn more

Accommodation businesses

Our Environmental Health and Local Laws unit is responsible for registering local accommodation premises. These include:

  • B&Bs that accommodate 5 or more people
  • Hotels and motels
  • Rooming houses (4 unrelated people)
  • Caravan parks
  • Hostels
  • Student dormitories

Renewing your business registration

All registrations expire on 30 June each year.

You will receive renewal paperwork by mid May of each year. If you do not receive your renewal paperwork by mid June, please contact:

[email protected]

1300 002 642

Please remember to pay your renewal prior to the expiry date to ensure your business continues to be registered and to avoid additional fees.


Our Environmental Health staff are often out and about undertaking their roles. If you would like to organise a face to face meeting with them please contact us in advance to organise an appointment at a time that suits.

[email protected]

1300 002 642