All caravan parks must be registered with the City of Greater Bendigo.
We register and inspect such premises according to the Residential Tenancies (Caravan Parks and Movable Dwellings Registration and Standards) Regulations 2020.
The Regulations set standards for:
- The construction of park cabins
- Fire prevention and safety, requiring caravan park owners to have up-to-date fire safety measures
- Emergency management planning requirements in case of emergencies such as bushfires, floods and severe storms
- Construction of movable dwellings including minimum energy efficiency requirements and referencing the Building Code of Australia for the relevant technical specifications for unregistrable movable dwelling
- Registering and inspecting caravan parks every three years
The regulations do not apply to the manufacture of caravans or campervans that, as road vehicles, have separate standards.