Planning Scheme Amendment C256 – Planning Scheme Review Implementation Part 1
This amendment implements recommendations of the Greater Bendigo Planning Scheme Review 2019 and other strategic work. It also updates the Scheme to be consistent with the new structure introduced by Amendment VC148 and the Ministerial Direction – Form and Content of Planning Schemes.
The amendment proposes to:
- Insert a new Municipal Planning Strategy (MPS) at Clauses 02-02.04 to replace the existing Municipal Strategic Statement (MSS) at Clause 21 and all related sub-clauses
- Insert new and revised local policy content into the Planning Policy Framework (PPF) at Clauses 11 (Settlement), 12 (Environment and Landscape Values), 13 (Environmental Risks and Amenity), 14 (Natural Resource Management), 15 (Built Environment and Heritage), 16 (Housing), 17 (Economic Development), 18 (Transport) and 19 (Infrastructure)
- Delete Clauses 20, 21, 22 and 23 of the existing Local Planning Policy Framework (LPPF) and all related sub-clauses
- Amend the Schedule to Clause 43.01 (Heritage Overlay) to include application requirements previously contained in Clause 22.01 (Heritage) and minor administrative changes
- Amend the Schedule to Clause 52.28 (Gaming) to include content previously contained in Clause 22.05 (Gaming)
- Amend the Schedule to Clause 72.08 Background Documents to list the background documents used to inform the MPS and local policies in the PPF. These documents contain documents currently listed in existing Clause 21.10 Reference documents and those recently adopted by Council
- Insert a new Schedule to Clause 74.01 Application of Zones, Overlays and Provisions to provide an explanation of the relationship between the MPS, the objectives and strategies in Clauses 10 to 19 and the controls on the use and development of land in the planning scheme
- Insert a new Schedule to Clause 74.02 Further Strategic Work that consolidates all relevant further strategic work from Clause 21 of the MSS, and implementation actions identified in the Greater Bendigo Planning Scheme Review (2019) and other strategic work prepared by the Council
The submissions were reviewed and a report was prepared for Council who decided to adopt the amendment at its April 19, 2021 meeting.
Details of the amendment can be found on the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website.
Enquiries can be emailed to [email protected] or by contacting Rebecca Fisher or Emma Bryant on 03 5434 6000.
Read answers to Frequently Asked Questions regarding Amendment C256
Council adopted Planning Scheme Review
Council approves amendment request
Submissions close date
Council adopted the amendment
Amendment will be forwarded to Minister for Planning