The City of Greater Bendigo (City) provides an online service to process certain transactions online. These transactions are subject to the below Terms and Conditions for online services. By choosing to use the online service, the customer (you or your) warrant and represent to the City that you have read, understood and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
Use of online services
- The information provided to you through application via the City's website, is solely for your personal and/or internal business needs. The use of this information is restricted in that you may not remove any proprietary rights notices, change the information or make it available to third parties.
- If you are using a credit card to process a transaction, you are declaring that the credit card is issued under your name or that you are authorised to incur charges on the credit card and you or the person to whom the card is issued will pay to the issuer all charges incurred using the Online Services.
Privacy and collection
- Personal information submitted into our online systems is collected by the City to enable it to establish and authorise access to the online systems.
- In using the City's online services you are authorising the City to collect personal information about you and the transactions that you process through the City's online services.
- If you do not provide the personal information required you may not be able to access or use the online service.
- Personal information will be treated in accordance with relevant City policies relating to collection, use, and disclosure of information which are available on our website. All personal information is protected in accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic).
- By using the City's online services, you agree to provide all relevant information, documents, and attachments, through electronic means, in the format and to the standards identified for each transaction.
- You also agree and understand that this information will be retained in electronic format. If the City is required to provide information to you through online services, you agree that the information can be provided through electronic means.
- The City's online payment services are provided through a secure website (using SSL (secure socket layer) encryption) which is then redirected to a secure BPOINT (Commonwealth Bank of Australia) payment page. The City provides no representation of warranty that the website or any of the City's online services are free from vulnerabilities. Your use of our online services is at your own risk.
- You are agreeing and acknowledging that any information you send to, or through the online payment website (including credit card information) may be read or intercepted by others, even though the website is classified as secure.
- The City will have no liability for the interception or 'hacking' of data through the website by unauthorised third parties.
Accuracy of transaction information
- When you have completed a transaction using online services, you will be presented with a confirmation screen verifying the transaction details you wish to process.
- It is your responsibility to verify that all transaction details are correct. Printing of the transaction confirmation for future reference and for filing is recommended.
- The City will have no liability for transactions, which are incorrect due to inaccurate data entry by you when using online services, or for loss of data or information caused by third parties or circumstances outside the City's control.
- Refunds will not be provided where services have been completed or certificates or permits have been issued.
- Refunds will not be processed that will place accounts paid into arrears.
- Refunds will be made when supporting documentation showing proof of original payment is provided to enable refund authorisation.
Limitation of liability
- Except as expressly provided by law, in no event will the City be liable to you for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental or punitive damages, including lost profits, even where the City has been advised of the possibility of such damages occurring. For the purposes of this clause reference to indirect, consequential or incidental loss or damages shall be taken to include, without limitation:
- loss of profit or anticipated profit;
- loss of business or business interruption;
- loss of use of any plant or facility;
- loss of opportunity;
- loss of goodwill;
- loss of contract; and
- loss of use of money.
- If, notwithstanding the foregoing, the City is found to be liable to you for any damage or loss which arises as a result of the use of the website, the City's maximum liability will be limited to the dollar amount of the transaction which formed the basis of the damage.
- You agree that any dispute in relation to your use of the website shall be governed by the laws of the state of Victoria, and shall be determined in that jurisdiction.
Right to suspend, alter or cancel serviceThe City has the right at any time without prior notice to cancel or suspend any or all of online services and/or to substitute alternative services, which may or may not be interactive or transactional in nature.
Specific service terms and conditions
- You agree that any online services made available by the City may be subject to specific additional terms and conditions, and agree to review and comply with any such additional terms and conditions.
- Access and use of any online service shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of any such additional terms and conditions applicable to such service.
City of Greater Bendigo
189-229 Lyttleton Terrace
Bendigo, Vic, 3550