If you have been impacted by the flooding events of 2024, support is available.
On this page:
- Message from Mayor Cr Andrea Metcalf
- Flood Recovery Hotline
- Drainage and engineering requests
- Rates - financial hardship
- General flood recovery enquiries
- Grants information
- Flood disaster legal / insurance / tenancy support
- Mental health
- Agriculture Victoria update
- BlazeAid is coming to Goornong
- More information
Message from Mayor Cr Andrea Metcalf
Thank you to all residents for the way you have supported each other during a very challenging time and I also acknowledge the fantastic work of emergency services. Greater Bendigo experienced three significant weather events in a fortnight, which damaged homes, businesses and community facilities, and has left us all with a huge task as we move into the recovery phase. The City is committed to working with the community and partner organisations to provide the support you need in the coming weeks and months.
Flood Recovery Hotline
The Emergency Recovery Victoria Flood Recovery Hotline continues to be available to assist communities affected by the October 2022 Victorian floods. This now also includes people that have been affected in January 2024.
Call 1800 560 760
You will hear a number of options. Be sure to select the October 2022 floods option to be connected to an operator.
The hotline is able to assist with a range of recovery services including, financial support and mental health support.
Drainage and engineering requests
If you would like a City drain inspected or to discuss flooding around your property with the City’s engineering team, please email:
Rates - financial hardship
The City’s Financial Hardship Guidelines are in place to help if you are experiencing financial stress.
- Phone the City to discuss your situation and work out what assistance is available, call 1300 002 642
- Contact a free financial counsellor by calling the National Debt Helpline on 1800 007 007
- Experiencing financial hardship can impact your mental health. If you are worried about your mental wellbeing, contact Beyond Blue on 1300 224 636
General flood recovery enquiries
For all other general flood recovery enquiries and requests, email [email protected]
It is understandable if you are feeling concerned and experiencing a mix of strong emotions.
Free Victorian Government funded mental health and wellbeing support is available to all people in flood impacted communities.
Bendigo Mental Health and Wellbeing Hub
- Providing mental health wellbeing support to small businesses and community members in Greater Bendigo
- Call 1300 375 330 or 0409 539 267
Bendigo and Echuca Mental Health and Wellbeing Local
- Wellbeing support available via telehealth for Greater Bendigo, Loddon and Campaspe.
- Bendigo: 03 5497 5600
- Echuca: 03 5412 6600
Loddon Children's Health and Wellbeing Hub
- Operated by Bendigo Community Health Services, the hub provides free health and wellbeing support for children up to 11 years old, and their families and carers
- Call 1800 433 977
In addition to locally based supports, broader state-wide supports are available to all people impacted by the recent flooding events, through the following telehealth support options: