How to prepare yourself, your home and family for an emergency.
An emergency is an event that has or is threatening to seriously impact on people or property that requires a coordinated response.
What is emergency management?
The management of any emergency is a shared responsibility between you, the community, council and emergency services.
Emergency risks for Greater Bendigo
- Flash Flood
Bushfire places of last resort
A bushfire place of last resort (formerly known as a Neighbourhood Safer Place) is an area that may, as a last resort, provide some sanctuary from the life threatening effects of a bushfire.
They are places of absolute last resort and your safety cannot be guaranteed. Only go there when you have exhausted all other plans or your plans have failed. There will be no guarantee that support services will be available and you should not expect the CFA to be there.
- Axedale Primary School oval – 81 High Street, Axedale
- Queen Elizabeth Oval – corner of View and Barnard streets
- Canterbury Park car park and events area – entry from Simpsons Road
- Holy Rosary Primary School oval – bounded by Ebden, Pohlman and Playne streets Heathcote, entry off Ebden Street or Pohlman Street
- Lord's Raceway (centre of race track) – McIvor Highway
Lansell Square shopping centre car park – Calder Highway (High Street)
Dower Park – corner of Station Street and Olympic Parade, entry off Station Street
- Maiden Gully Primary School basketball courts – corner of Carolyn Way and Glenelg Drive, entry off Glenelg Drive
- Prince of Wales Showgrounds – Holmes Road
- Redesdale Recreation Reserve, between the hall and the pavilion – corner of Moylans Road and Kyneton-Heathcote Road
- Strathfieldsaye Primary School playing fields – 9 Uxbridge Street