Bushfire Places of Last Resort
A Bushfire Place of Last Resort (formerly known as a Neighbourhood Safer Place) is an area that may, as a last resort, provide some sanctuary from the life threatening effects of a bushfire.
They are places of absolute last resort and your safety cannot be guaranteed. Only go there when you have exhausted all other plans or your plans have failed. There will be no guarantee that support services will be available and you should not expect the CFA to be there.
Bushfire Places of Last Resort in Greater Bendigo
- Queen Elizabeth Oval – corner of View and Barnard streets
- Canterbury Park Sports Precinct – car parks and events space, entry from Simpsons Road between the bowling greens and the lake
- Holy Rosary Primary School oval – bounded by Ebden, Pohlman and Playne streets Heathcote, entry off Ebden Street or Pohlman Street
- Lords Raceway (centre of race track) – McIvor Highway, entry opposite Atlas Road
Centro Lansell car park – Calder Highway (High Street) opposite Symes Street
Dower Park oval – corner of Station Street and Olympic Parade, entry off Station Street
- Primary School (roofed court area) – corner of Carolyn Way and Glenelg Drive, entry off Glenelg Drive
- Showgrounds oval – Holmes Road North Bendigo
- Recreation Reserve – Kyneton-Redesdale Road
- Primary School oval – 9 Uxbridge Street opposite Apsley Street