Bushfire Places of Last Resort
A Bushfire Place of Last Resort (formerly known as a Neighbourhood Safer Place) is an area that may, as a last resort, provide some sanctuary from the life threatening effects of a bushfire.
They are places of absolute last resort and your safety cannot be guaranteed. Only go there when you have exhausted all other plans or your plans have failed. There will be no guarantee that support services will be available and you should not expect the CFA to be there.
Bushfire Places of Last Resort in Greater Bendigo
- Axedale Primary School oval – 81 High Street, Axedale
- Queen Elizabeth Oval – corner of View and Barnard streets
- Canterbury Park car park and events area – entry from Simpsons Road
- Holy Rosary Primary School oval – bounded by Ebden, Pohlman and Playne streets Heathcote, entry off Ebden Street or Pohlman Street
- Lord's Raceway (centre of race track) – McIvor Highway
Lansell Square shopping centre car park – Calder Highway (High Street)
Dower Park – corner of Station Street and Olympic Parade, entry off Station Street
- Maiden Gully Primary School basketball courts – corner of Carolyn Way and Glenelg Drive, entry off Glenelg Drive
- Prince of Wales Showgrounds – Holmes Road
- Redesdale Recreation Reserve oval – corner of Moylans Road and Kyneton-Heathcote Road
- Strathfieldsaye Primary School playing fields – 9 Uxbridge Street