Emergency agencies, resources and apps

Emergency Services Staff and Vehicles

Warnings and advice

Emergency services


Community support agencies and others


Want to help flood affected communities?

Here are some ways you can help:

Financial donations

A financial donation is the best way to assist until it is determined what people need specifically, and this may not be known for some time.

You can donate to the Victorian Flood Appeal through Bendigo Bank at: www.bendigobank.com.au/floodappeal

GIVIT is a national not-for-profit that helps coordinate donations and items to make sure people and communities get exactly what they need, when they need it.

You can see what's needed at: www.givit.org.au


Donate goods to Bendigo Animal Relief Centre (BARC) 

BARC is providing support to evacuated pets and their owners at the Bendigo Emergency Relief Centre and they are in need of dog leads and collars, blankets, soft dog or cat beds, towels, overnight crates, dog food and cat food. Please ensure that donations are in good condition and working order.

BARC is unable to use broken or soiled items, and cannot accept pillows, sheets or items of clothing. Donations for pets can be dropped to BARC at 20 Piper Lane, East Bendigo from 10am to 4pm (please note BARC closes at 12pm on Sundays).



Disaster Relief Australia is an organisation that partners with Emergency Management Victoria to organise volunteers to assist with clean-up once flood waters recede.

You can find out more and register your interest at: www.disasterreliefaus.org/vic-flood-recovery

The Bendigo Volunteer Resource Centre is collecting details of those willing to help out when needed (it is likely you will need to be able to travel).

For contact details, visit: www.bgovolunteers.org.au/contact-us/

You can also check in with your local neighbourhood house or community op shop to see if they need a hand during this time. We’re sure there will be many other opportunities and groups needing assistance, so keep an eye out for where you can pitch in.

Please do not come to the Bendigo Showgrounds with offers of food, clothing or other donations. We have amazing services who are working out of the Bendigo Emergency Relief Centre to look after flood affected residents and it is important that the centre is not overwhelmed at this time.


Financial support

If you have been affected by flooding, you may be eligible for financial support from the Australian and Victorian governments. 

  • Disaster Recovery Payment (Australian Government) 
    A lump sum payment to help people seriously affected by the Victorian floods in October 2022. More information 
  • Disaster Recovery Allowance (Australian Government) 
    The Disaster Recovery Allowance (DRA) is a short term payment to help you if the Victorian floods in October 2022 directly affects your income. More information 
  • Victorian Emergency relief assistance payment (Victorian Government) 
    The one-off payment is to help you and your household meet immediate and essential needs, like emergency shelter, food, clothing or personal items. More information
  • Emergency re-establishment assistance (Victorian Government) 
    Emergency re-establishment assistance can be available for people whose principal place of residence (your home) is destroyed, damaged or otherwise uninhabitable to more than 7 days due to an emergency. More information 

Rural Financial Counselling Service Victoria West's team of Small Business and Rural Financial Counsellors is available to assist farmers and small business owners to navigate a range of flood relief grants and government support. Appointments are free, call 1300 735 578 or visit www.RFCSVictoriaWest.com.au