Planning for an emergency
An emergency is an event that has or is threatening to seriously impact on people or property that requires a coordinated response.
What is emergency management
The management of any emergency is a shared responsibility between you, the community, council and emergency services. Emergencies are managed through an all hazards/all agencies approach. Go to During an emergency.
Emergency risks for the City of Great Bendigo
- Flash Flood
Your emergency plan
In the case of an emergency, what is your plan? It is important that all of your family members understand your plan and are ready to enact it in an emergency.
Prepare your plan now – download the handy Emergency Planning Booklet.
How to prepare for an emergency
There are many things that you can do to prepare for an emergency.
- Make your home fire-ready by removing rubbish etc. Click here for our Building Resilience Making Homes Climate Ready Booklet.
- Prepare a ‘grab kit’ of important documents ready to take if you have to leave your home quickly. Include insurance, medical and bank details, photos, pension information, medication and wills
- Have a plan for your pets
- Stay informed – listen to radio warnings, check apps etc.
- Check on your neighbours
- Inform others of your plan
For more information about emergency management contact us on 03 5434 6000.