Replacing water after a fire

CFA truck using hose in grasslands

If essential water has been taken from domestic tanks and stock or irrigation dams for firefighting purposes, landowners can request that the water be replaced.

Essential water is defined as water required to sustain:

  • The health of affected residents and pets
  • The health and productivity of stock
  • Agricultural and horticultural crops, permanent plantings and intensive industries

Contact us

For more information about essential water replacement contact us on 1300 002 642.

We welcome your feedback.

Did you know you can log requests online?

This includes several bin requests such as missed bins, footpath maintenance, tree inspections and general requests. Visit our make a request page.

Do you want us to contact you?*
Preferred contact method*