Replacing water after a fire
If essential water has been taken from domestic tanks and stock or irrigation dams for firefighting purposes, landowners can request that the water be replaced.
Essential water is defined as water required to sustain:
- The health of affected residents and pets
- The health and productivity of stock
- Agricultural and horticultural crops, permanent plantings and intensive industries
To request that water be replaced the landowner must:
- Use our online water replacement request form (below), or
- Download and complete the Water Replacement Request Form
Send your form to the Coordinator Community Resilience and Emergency Management, 195 Lyttleton Terrace Bendigo VIC 3550.
The request must be lodged with Council within 3 months of the bushfire event.
For more information about essential water replacement contact us on 03 5434 6000.